Hey guys! It’s my favorite time of the year because it’s time for this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary sale! There are sales every year, but the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is special because its when they release their fall product at a discounted rate- all of the items actually go back up to full price after the sale is done! This is my favorite time to purchase basics and my favorite fall/winter staples that I know I will get a ton of use out of for the rest of the year [think: Spanx faux leather leggings, winter cardigans, and coats, jeans, booties]
The way I recommend shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is to figure out if there is anything you need in your closet or if there are any pieces you have been wanting, but not wanting to spend full price on- now would be the time to get those items!
This year they are letting everyone preview the Nordstrom Anniversary sale online, which is SUPER helpful because you can actually add whatever items you like to your wishlist ahead of time. This way you can easily add them to your cart on the day you’re allowed to shop the sale and purchase them quicker! This is a huge help compare to previous years because items sell out really quickly- in the time I would browsing all of the pieces, the items already in my cart had sold out. This way you can narrow down your picks in advance and know exactly what you want to buy when you can.
I’ve looked at the entire sale and narrowed it down to what I think are the best items available this year! Note: I’ve only selected pieces from brands that I have personally bought/owned/tried on and recommend. All of these items below have my stamp of approval! A lot of them I have either personally already purchased or am planning to purchase in this year’s sale. So if you see anything you like here, I highly recommend adding the piece to your wishlist so you don’t miss out on it!
How to use this list
Use my shopping list below for inspiration! I would personally use this list as a shopping guide / a guide to help narrow down the massive sale. These are all the pieces from brands that I know and love and personally think are worth buying. I also think these items are the most likely to sell out! You could start on this list and see if you have any favorites / add them to your wishlist as a way to get the bests of the sale without having to scroll through everything, or you could shop the sale and refer back to this list for each category to see if there is anything you miss!
Cardigans are one of my outfit staples the minute we get into cooler temperatures. Thrown on a basic top, leggings, and some gym shoes and you have a great, classic outfit. The longer cardigans are my favorite to wear with gym shoes out to run errands, the barefoot dreams cardigans are my favorite to wear at home. Especially now with working from home, these are the best to throw on with a black tank and leggings- gets you out of pajamas, while still feeling comfy cozy. They don’t go on sale any other time of the year, so if you’ve ever thought about one, now would be the time to grab it! They always sell out pretty quickly.
1. Cozychic lite long weekend cardigan in stone / pearl
2. Cozy long cardigan by Leith in beige oatmeal
3. Long cardigan by topshop in camel
4. Kent Colorblock cardigan by Madewell
5. Long cotton blend cardigan by 1.state in silver heather
6. Cozychic lite long cardigan by barefoot dreams in heather cocoa taupe
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is my favorite time to grab some great basic sweaters for the fall/winter! I especially love all of the free people pieces in this year’s sale- their sweaters are always a go-to for me and I love being able to get them at a discounted price. The all saints sweater is a definite splurge item for me, but it is gorgeous and I hope to get a ton of use out of it!
1. Ribbed off the shoulder sweater by Chelsea 28 in ivory
2. Main squeeze hacci sweater by free people
3. Cowl neck sweater by chelsea28 in beige oatmeal
4. Jane waffle stitch sweater by made well
5. Ridley funnel neck wool cashmere sweater in toffee brown
6. Afterglow mock neck top by free people in ivory
7. Double Slit mock neck sweater by Vince in light oat
8. Bold stripe cashmere sweater la line
This is a great time to get a classic coat if you are in need of one. The Nordstrom sale always has great north face jackets on sale and this year is no exception. I also love all of the cozy teddy coats included in the sale this year. I linked one from free people If you like the classic camel coat, and my personal favorite is this one from thread and supply- it’s a mix of a cardigan/coat and I plan on LIVING in this! The best part? It’s under $45!
1. Cardi Coat in camel from Thread + Supply
2. Rissy 2 Hooded Water Repellent Raincoat by the north face
3. Hooded wool blend coat by Vince in desert clay
4. Collins Military Jacket by Rails in sage
5. Tessa Teddy Coat by Free People
6. Water Resistant Moto Detail Trench Coat by Avec Les Filles
7. BB Dakota faux fur jacket in ivory
8. Cascade collar double face coat by nordstrom
9. Bubble Faux Shearling Collar Puffer Coat
I am SO excited that they included the free people Arden top in the sale this year! I have been stalking this top online, but the full price was just a little too high to justify purchasing it. I live in my long sleeve free people tops and this one with thumb holes looks like the perfect athleisure staple. I can’t wait to wear this with leggings and gym shoes in the fall! I also use the sale to stock up on any basics I need- long sleeve white + black tees, striped tees- there are so many good staple pieces in the sale that you can get on great prices! Linked my favorite basics above.
1. Nordstrom turtleneck pullover in black
2. BP ribbed long sleeve tee in white
4. Free People Leo Henley tee in white
5. Long sleeve crewneck t-shirt in ivory black stripe
6. Layering tee chelsea28 in tan memoir
7. Free People Arden Extra Long Cotton in white
As an avid athleisure fan, the activewear section of the sale was a little disappointing to me. I linked some great basic pieces like the jackets by Zelle and a new fav which is the hooded moto blazer from blanc noir [I purchased this pre-sale]. I was hoping to find some more Alo pieces on sale, but unfortunately, there weren’t a ton of options this year. I did link what I found to be the best pieces above!
1. Hooded Moto blazer with faux leather sleeves by blanc noir
3. Amazing cozy wrap jacket from Zella
4. Adidas adicolor large logo tights
5. Restore soft longline bra in black
6. Amazing crewneck sweatshirt in ivory
7. Live in performance jacket by Zella
Leggings and Jeans
This is one of my favorite areas of the sale to shop! I LIVE in my Spanx faux leather leggings- if you have followed me and seen my posts of the sale from last year- you know that these are probably my #1 recommendation to purchase in the sale. I wear these non stop in the fall and winter- they are high quality, thick and long and truly worth every penny! I also love getting a new pair of jeans in the sale. I linked my favorite picks above- I’m on the taller side [5’11] so I can only wear jeans with a typically longer inseam. I love Joe’s and Hudson jeans for this reason! They fit great, last so long and are a little bit longer!
1. Hudson jeans nico skinny jeans
2. Spanx faux leather leggings
3. Joe’s Charlie high rise skinny jeans
4. Mamasana live in maternity ankle leggings
5. Joe’s the hi honey distressed high waist skinny
I plan on picking up these Adidas gym shoes this year in white and black. Pair them with your Spanx faux leather leggings, a basic top and a long cardigan and you’ve got a great fall outfit! The booties are also another great purchase from the sale- I missed out on the tortilla suede booties last year and am excited they brought them back this year. I also love the waterproof booties with buckles! One of my personal favorite pair of Uggs is included in this years sale [I own them in black, purchased them last year at full price] and I also linked a pair of Stuart Weitzman boots- I live in their over the knee boots and have posted them frequently, so if you are a fan of them this would be a great time to grab them because they rarely go on sale!
1. Gradina block heel bootie in tortilla suede
2. Pola studded Chelsea bootie karl Lagerfeld
3. Kaylah pointed toe bootie in taupe suede
4. Gonna 60 over the knee boot narrow calf
5. Flora waterproof bootie in black suede
6. Elisa genuine shearling bootie ugg in chestnut suede
7. Camila waterproof bootie black leather
Some of my favorite products are included in the sale this year! I only linked to pieces I personally have used, love and recommend. These are all of my go to products that I use regularly, so if you are in need of any of these products I definitely recommend trying these out while they are on sale!
1. Anastasia brow bae-sics kit
2. T3 singlepass curl 1.25 inch curling iron
4. Pillow talk lip secrets set
5. Jumbo size detox dry shampoo by drybar
6. Living proof perfect hair day set
7. St Tropez jumbo self tan bronzing mousse
The baby sale is SO GOOD this year! I am actually kind of mad! The Nuna pipa lite car seat and the Uppababy vista stroller are what we used/have for Kennedy, and these products NEVER go on sale- they definitely were not included in the sale in past years! I highly recommend all of the products I have linked above- so if you have been thinking about what car seat or stroller system to get, now is a great time- or a great time to tell your family in case you have a baby registry!
1. Comotomo baby bottle bundle
2. Uppababy vista v2 Stella stroller with bassinet
5. Patagonia furry friends fleece hoodie
Linked some little accessories to help complete your fall shopping list. Great hats to complete your outfits, a chain necklace that would be perfect with any look, a staple long champ bag that rarely goes on sale and the BEST robe ever!
1. Madewell disc chain necklace
2. Satin trim wool felt hat in black
3. Ugg robe in oatmeal heather
4. Black long champ expandable tote
Let me know what you guys think of this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary sale- will you be shopping it? What are you planning on getting? Any favorite pieces? I will be posting what I bought over on my youtube channel as well as on my Instagram / Instagram stories, so feel free to DM me over there!